How should I take ONUREG®?
The recommended dosage is one 300 mg tablet orally, once daily with or without food for 14 days, every 28 days
- Your healthcare provider will prescribe an anti-nausea medicine for you to take to help prevent nausea and vomiting during your treatment with ONUREG®
- Take the anti-nausea medicine 30 minutes before each dose of ONUREG®
- Your healthcare provider may decide to stop the anti-nausea medicine after your second cycle of ONUREG®, if you do not have any nausea or vomiting
- If you miss a dose of ONUREG®, or if you do not take your dose at the usual time, take the dose as soon as possible that day. Take your next dose at the regular time the next day. Do not take 2 doses on the same day to make up for a missed dose
- If you vomit after taking a dose of ONUREG®, do not take another dose on the same day. Take your next dose at the regular time the next day
ONUREG® is an oral medication that you can take at home
Take ONUREG® exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it
Take ONUREG® by mouth 1 time each day
Swallow ONUREG® tablets whole. Do not cut, split, crush, or chew the tablets
- If the powder from ONUREG® tablets comes in contact with your skin, wash the area well right away with soap and water
- If the powder from ONUREG® tablets comes in contact with your eyes or mouth (mucous membranes), flush the area right away with water
Take ONUREG® with or without food at about the same time each day
Quick tips for taking ONUREG®
How can I remember to take ONUREG® every day?
One ONUREG® tablet should be taken by mouth once a day.
Make taking your medication part of your daily routine. For example, take your medication right after getting up in the morning or at meal time*
*ONUREG® can be taken with or without food.
Add a daily reminder on your smartphone/add to your phone’s calendar app
Create a system to schedule and track your medication
Involve others to help you take your medication
What if I experience side effects?
Consider the following tips if you experience any of the common side effects of ONUREG®. Talk to your healthcare team about side effects and discuss if these tips could be appropriate for you.
Rest. Take short naps (less than 30 minutes)
Talk to your healthcare team about moderate exercise
Get enough sleep at night
Nausea and vomiting
Ask your healthcare provider about anti-nausea drugs
Do relaxation exercises, such as meditation or breathing exercises
Eat snacks or small meals during the day to keep something in your stomach
Ask your healthcare provider if you should take medicine for diarrhea
Talk to your healthcare provider about any helpful changes you can make to your diet
How should I store ONUREG®?
Keep ONUREG® and all medicines out of the reach of children
ONUREG® packaging will be changing in 2021. ONUREG® packaging will transition from bottles to blister cards.
Take ONUREG® exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
Store ONUREG® tablets in the original bottle or blister card at room temperature between 68ºF to 77ºF (20ºC to 25ºC)
- Bottles of ONUREG® contain 2 drying agent (desiccant) canisters.
Do not eat the desiccant canisters
- Keep bottle tightly closed
- Talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist about how to safely
throw away (dispose of) any unused or expired ONUREG®
General information about the safe and effective use of ONUREG®
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information leaflet. Do not use ONUREG® for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give ONUREG® to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them.
You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information about ONUREG® that is written for health professionals.